RSS

Pages

Be angry and DO NOT SIN

Ephesians 4:26-32
26 “Be angry, and do not sin":[c] do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

This is really a tall order: To be ANGRY and DO NOT SIN. I am definitely learning and trying very hard at this. Somehow whenever you get angry, it's so hard not to do the wrong thing. What more to "Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice." and to top that up with "be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave." The graciousness of the heart to do to others NOT what others do to you in situations when you feel victimised. I would sincerely pray that God change me that I may do as such. Though having been a Christian for many years, I think this is one area of my weakness that I find it so difficult to surrender with my character of always being in the right and often I must say not seeing my own wrong. Guess God has put me in the situation now to do so.

Yes I complained and griped over the past few days, lamenting on the 'plight' I am in. Probably that's how God teach us and refine us. Those who has been following my blog will realise this is not the first time that I relent over the same issues but still have not gotten out of it. Maybe God is also telling me to consider staying at home for the kids awhile just that I have not realise it coz I am so blinded by my own self. In fact, I had been battling and deliberating over this decision of being a SAHM and asking God to show me the way. Have I been listening closely to Him?

One thing I must admit God does place the other half to be help mate. Daddy is definitely more logical, sensible and gracious than Mommy. When Mommy throws her 'tantrums', Daddy is still able to keep his sound mind and try to talk her out. Seriously, I think he has a big heart. What he said is true: We can't help what others are like, but we can do so for ourselves, to be what we want to be. Why be petty over little things? As my hb puts it, people can say all they want and not do, let us just smile over it and not bother to be defensive over it to make life difficult for ourselves. Often I ask him how he rides over unfair situations, his answer was simple: God is the one that guided him. I always feel so ashamed when I hear him say that coz I had always been the 'princess' of the house, living in my little ivory tower.

Let me make peace I pray, to be a good wife, mother, daughter, DIL, and SIL, fulfilling the role as I ought to and not let anger rage and get the better of me. Let me be contented with the little I have, let me have wisdom to look ahead, let me be a good role model for the little ones, to learn to give and not just take. Most importantly, let me draw near to God whom I have drifted and battled with since the birth of little K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...its always easier to counsel others than to do the same for ourselves! haha :P

your entry today sounds to me like you've managed to sort out a few things which have been bothering u. it may not be the little nitty gritty details, or the major decisions that have to made some day, but I suppose peace which stems from within eventually helps to set the mind in good state to make those decisions.

let me walk the journey with you, to learn how to be angry and yet not sin, and to let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from us, with all malice.

Stay strong!(:

Joanie said...

Yes I agree...I hope too I can show you the way...

Anonymous said...

okie deal! (: