RSS

Pages

Childcare or Home?

The time has come where I have to decide on this question...Childcare or be a stay-at-home mum (SAHM). With number 2 arriving shortly and my mum's health not being any better, it seems even a stronger impetus for me to stay at home and look after the kids. After all, isn't this God's calling for all Christian mothers? Who can care for the child and teach her better than you? This question has been on my mind for a long time but I have been shelving it since I still have my bond to complete.

Now with the busy work schedule, we are simply trying to find time to visit some childcare centres to look around for a good playschool cum childcare for Keziah. Guess it's good that she gets to mix around with kids of her age and learn some social skill. Otherwise, she will remain as clingy as ever to us. However, childcare is so expensive these days and seriously, government subsidy for working mum is really peanuts. I was really keen on Pat's Schoolhouse in comparison to Learning Vision. The environment was more pleasant and not so noisy and messy. The books they use seems alot more interesting too. Learning Vision just reminds me of PAP with some enhancement in curriculum. However, the price was equally 'good' almost 50% more than Learning Vision. Hmmm..pocket is really going to burn a big hole if I put her at Pat's. So we'll simply have to continue with the hunt. Meanwhile, we shall go for some trial class for Pat's D'story Club weekend class to have a better sense of what they have as well as to give her some space with kids of her age.

I was reading my friend's photoblog and her husband's sharing really reminded children as God's gift to us and how we ought to take the responsibility of watching over them. I totally agree with the fact that having the kids, time to read the bible and pray have been always challenged both by the physical exhaustion from work as well as lame excuses or simply laze. Yet children should never be an excuse for us to draw away but more to draw nearer to God as teaching the children really needs loads of wisdom and love from God. Time to reflect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear babe,i will pray for you as you and your hub make the best decision for the family. I think we made the decision partly based on past experiences(my bad childhood experiences etc),present situations(lack of family support etc)...so all of us have a different life and i dont think one is superior to the other.Even if u decide to work,you will still be a wonderful mommy to K, and i dont think it makes u a 'lousier' mom if u do that.Having been a FTWM and SAHM,I think both have their sets of worries and problems,just that they are different.Take care and cheerios!

Joanie said...

Thanks for your prayers. True like what you said. Family support is there but not quite there. A little difficult to put it. That's y the need to consider. However, I wonder what value it makes to work to pay for the childcare..haha..these days prices are really steep. Now is to discuss with my boss what kind of flexibility I could have..