RSS

Pages

Many firsts to give thanks for...

Actually looking at today, there's many firsts that I got myself to do with little Keziah that I really thank God for.

First time I cut Keziah's fingernails while she was awake and staring at her mobile toys with much intent to talk to them. Certainly took me some courage to do that as she is such an active gal who keeps figeting around.

First time felt so glad to have friends visiting me and all the more encouraged when I see her managing with her 2 month old baby and 20 mth old toddler at the same time. Furthermore, her baby is really big for 2 month with loveable apple cheeks that everyone would love to pinch. It sure proves that breastfed baby can be even better nourished than formula fed. Really inspired me to strive on.

Along with the above, first time breastfeeding in front of others outside the family. Not sure how discrete I was but certainly it did make me take that first step as Keziah was crying so badly that she was practically hoarse and screeching. Haha... maybe I'll be ready soon to bring her out and breastfeed in public?

First time I am much more energetic and relaxed with Keziah taking some afternoon snooze finally after me being treated like her pacifier for some days. I guess she was just seeking some comfort suckle but somehow this has to stop. Really prayed she will take some rest in the afternoon as the continuous feeding cycle was really becoming a vicious cycle. Prayer answered! She slept at noon over my shoulders for the first time and I managed to successfully put her down to bed. Again after much fussing she slept again at 4.35 pm which is why now I am typing this here. However, this nap at 4.35 pm took me much time to soothe her and also had to pat her consistently to put her back to sleep from the moments of wakefulness from dreamland.

Guess today's quiet time with God really encouraged me from Psalms 56.
3 When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?

Just as David is fighting against his enemies, he continues to look unto God for strength, to look unto God to light up his path. The key is simply trusting no matter how hard times may be. Fear not all but fear God the sole maker and creator of you and me. Sometimes within us there's so much more apprehension that can be our greater enemies than physical ones standing before us.

0 comments: