RSS

Pages

Tough life as parents...

Sunday is the most traumatic day of this new life with little Keziah. The whole of Saturday night she had been cranky and refused to sleep. I was totally lost at what to do with her. Did all I could - fed her, changed her, pat her, sang to her and even placed her on my bed to sleep just beside me - yet she simply doze and woke up crying as if we have been tormenting her. I was almost at the brink of depression with all energies exhausted but guess that's what make parents. The first step of parenthood is the loss of sleep to some extent we can call it braindead. However, when I see her smile, even in her sleep, it just gives me that great joy and comfort that she's happy. Thank God that he helped me pick up and also for my hubby to support me though our lack of sleep did nearly drove us to show faces to one another. That's where the growth of our love deepens through the shared parenthood. This is the point where I see the once patient man who seems to put up with all things, who seems to be confident about tolerating all things, somehow just can't stand the persistent cries of baby, somehow just didn't realise that he was frustrated. Saying that of him, I too see my own weakness, wanting to be served at the beck and call when actually I am not in control at all.

0 comments: