RSS

Pages

Baby Mood Swings

Hmm..think babies follow their mummy's in their mood swings. I noticed when I am exceptionally anxious about how to get her to nap, why she not napping long, why can't she sleep like other babies, she too is cranky and exceptionally hard to coax. Today somehow after talking to some mothers on msn, I came to realise and crystalise the fact that babies are different, babies change all the time, babies might sometimes just want to be cuddled, sometimes just want you to notice their needs since they can't communicate in verbal yet. Somehow today it was much easier to put little Keziah to nap. I put her in car seat till she fussed, sang to her and then cradle her to sleep downstairs before putting her on tummy on our bed. Second nap I managed to cradle her to sleep and then set on the bed to watch her abit before putting her down. Who knows she actually phantom cried and a little patting puts her back to half asleep state. Next I noticed she surveyed the place before closing her eyes at about 20 min whereby I then put her on the bed. Think she was exploring whether this is a safe place to sette down. Today I also on a light in the room to brighten it up abit coz the dark room theory of the books don't seem to work on her. Maybe she's afraid of dark. Let's see how long she can nap this time. Meanwhile I am having a cup of tea while writing the blog. You must be wondering why am I not resting. Will do in awhile but guess I want to have a break doing something on my own too. Heehee...possibly also coz my hb was very helpful last night with washing my pumps and putting my expressed milk into bags for freezing and changing diapers this morning at about 5 am while I slept abit more. Prayful she will hold on to these schedules and nap more. Even if it's 45 min each time is fine. Will wait to see when I can put her to sleep without cradling and she will just sleep on her own. heehee..

0 comments: