RSS

Pages

A spark of JOY and SENSITIVITY

This week has been the beginning of adjustment for Keziah and me to prepare her for my absence in 3 weeks when I have to return to work. She has started her bottle regime of 1-2 bottles a day and a regular visit to my mum's from Tues to Thu. I have started to express my milk more diligently especially when she feeds on bottle and my breasts start to feel super full with tingling sensation if I don't empty them by the 2nd feed.

Noted a few things about Keziah
1) Smiled alot more especially when you interact with her.
2) Seems to enjoy my mum and dad (especially my dad's company - guess coz he carries her to sleep and jiggles alot with her)
3) No problem with bottles so far, taking about 130ml or more I guess as she seems to demands more when I gave her 120-125ml.
4) Too distracted by the noise in HDB by the road that she doesn't really nap
5) Amazing! 4 nights a row she slept from 8.30-9pm till 4.30-5.30am in the night without waking up for a feed. Not sure about noises she makes coz it wasn't loud enough to wake me till morning. Seems like her waking is also getting progressively later which is a good thing to match our working schedule. Record breaking of about 9.5h for last night. Not sure if it's coz she refuses to nap at my parent's place for more than 30 min each time in the day.
6) Knocked out today from 12.30pm to 2.35pm and still sleeping when at home today. Didn't even wake up by my breast pump after I put her down for the second time after awoken by it. Moved around during her nap without waking when mummy here thinks she gonna wake as she raised her head while on tummy. Why so? Coz it's quieter? Coz she's back on my bed which she sleeps on during the day when home? Is she that sensitive to her environment?

0 comments: